Tuesday, April 16, 2013

#runforboston

I can't seem to shake this feeling resulting from the bombings at the Boston Marathon yesterday.  Someone in our local running group put it perfectly.  He said that a few years ago this tragic event would have felt like a senseless act.  Now that I am a runner all I can seem to think about is who would have been waiting for me at the finish line.  These two cuties are who come to mind.


If I had been running Colin definitely would have been waiting because he is about twice as fast as me!  So today I put on my running shoes and went out for my run to #runforboston.  I was in Boston for vacation during the Summer of 2007 and that is still one of my favorite cities. One day I hope to go back to Boston and be able cross the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  I know I am a LONG way off from qualifying but a girl has to dream right??


This is me and Brice during our run today.  He's made it to where he'll tolerate the stroller for a whole 15 minutes now!!  So now you know what I am a long way off from a qualifying time? I can't even get in 2 consecutive miles with this boy.

"If you're trying to defeat the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target" - unknown

Have you ever been to Boston?

Have you ever run in the Boston Marathon??

What are your feelings about yesterday's events?


No comments:

Post a Comment