Friday, October 25, 2013

I really like rules and I apologize in advance

I've survived another week.  Well almost survived... still have to make it through today.  My coffee has gone cold, but I really don't feel like walking to 10 feet to heat it up. Brice has a question for everyone though...

What does the animal on my socks say??? I did apologize in advance because now that song is going to be stuck in your head all day long. So at my new job Friday is supposed to be "business casual attire, including jeans." That is what the employee handbook says.  But as of last Friday our CEO decided to restrict the wearing of jeans to only if you are wearing a company T-shirt.  Now tell me, how is it more professional looking for me to wear a t-shirt with jeans rather than a dressy top with jeans??  Oh and here's the kicker... they don't have anymore t-shirts.  It wouldn't annoy me so much if it wasn't in print that we could wear jeans.  I guess I get that from my mom.  She's always told me 'do not put anything in writing unless you are okay with someone else reading it'... I guess I should take that to heart on my posts from here on out :) Vent over.  And since I am such a stickler for rule following, here is a picture of Brice riding with me in the front seat.

 
Don't you worry! We were driving around the corner to Uncle Matt's house for dinner.  We could have walked and been there in 2 minutes but we had too much food to be able to carry it.  Brice really enjoyed is free ride.



I ran the past two days (I took 3 days off after the race.. not intentionally but between rain and Colin being gone one day I wasn't able to run) and Wednesday's run was by far better than yesterday's.  I just was not in the mood to run after work, but I am determined to break 2 hours and I won't get there with a negative attitude!! So I sucked it up and went out and did 8 1min @ 5k pace with 2 minutes in between.  I ended up doing 3.25 miles and it felt pretty good when it was over.  On Wednesday I ran 4.5 miles at a 9:20 average and my heart rate stayed in the high 140s.  I love seeing improvements and getting closer to my goal.  The weather is getting perfect for running and the above picture was my view yesterday.  I love my neighborhood!

How about this half pound apple that is the size of my head.  I spent $18 dollars on 8 apples at the grocery store the other day. That is $2.25 per apple!! Absolutely ridiculous but so worth it because Honeycrisp apples are the best in the whole world. 
 
What is your favorite kind of apple?

How do you motivate yourself to run in the evenings?

2 comments:

  1. Honeycrisp apples are the BEST! But I've always been a lover of granny smiths or golden delicious. It has to be CRISP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only times I've actually eaten granny smiths are when they are covered in caramel! :)

      Delete